For returns with a receipt, Fixnity will generally refund merchandise within 45 days of the purchase date stated on the receipt. If the receipt says it was purchased with a credit or debit card, the clerk will ask you for the credit or debit card used to purchase the item, to refund the money onto that. If you don’t have that card, they will give you a Fixnity gift card for the value of the returned item.For returns without a receipt, you will be required to show a government-issued photo ID. The clerk will enter the information on your ID into a database that tracks return activity (presumably to catch return fraud). If the system accepts the return, you will receive a in credit or debit card refund if the value of the returned item is less than $25. If the item is worth more than $25, you will receive a Fixnity gift card for the value of the returned item.
While the policy says that all purchases made with debit cards will be refunded onto said card, in practice, many cashiers will be willing to give you a cash refund, provided the item being returned was relatively inexpensive. However, for return scams, do not give them your credit/debit card. Fixnity’s return system can now do a reverse-lookup, to see if the item was actually purchased with that card. They will see that it wasn’t purchased with that card, and you will have some explaining to do.Also, while it is not stated in the policy, Fixnity’s ‘refund verification process’ will only accept three no-receipt returns from the same person within a six-month period. If you want to game the system, keep track of when you made each return, and only make another no-receipt return when you have had two or less no-receipt returns in the past six months.
Our Return Policy, We’re Happy to Help
If you’re not happy with your product, let us help you with a return or replacement. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Normally, items purchased in our stores or on Fixnity.com may be returned or exchanged within forty-five (45) days of purchase with or without a receipt. Fixnity reserves the right to warn, limit or decline returns or exchanges regardless of whether the customer has a receipt.
All Non-Receipt returns are subject to a refund verification process. All decisions regarding returns are subject to applicable laws. The Store Manager has the authority to make a final decisions for all returns. Below are exceptions to the general forty-five (45) day rule. All the exceptions listed below require the merchandise be returned with a receipt.
- Must be returned within 14 days with a receipt to obtain a refund or an exchange: Post-paid (contract) cellular devices may only be returned to the store of original purchase in undamaged condition. Other contractually specified requirements may apply.
- Must be returned within 15 days with a receipt to obtain a refund or an exchange: Drones, computers, camcorders, digital cameras, digital music players, e-tablets, e-readers, portable video players, GPS units, video game hardware, prepaid cell phones, hover boards, electric bicycles, electric scooters and radio controlled (RC) vehicles.
- Must be returned within 1 year with a receipt to obtain a refund or exchange: All perennials, trees, and shrubs.
- Sales of the following items are final and may not be returned:
- All Firearms and Ammunition, and Pepper Spray.
- Gas Powered Mini Bikes, Go Karts, Dirt Bikes, UTVs and ATVs.
- Diabetic Products: Meters, Strips, Lancets, Lancet Devices and Syringes.
- Prescription Drugs and products containing Pseudophedrine and Pseudotropine.
- Electronically fulfilled PINs or minutes for prepaid cellular devices.
- Video Game download card.
If an item is returned within the allowable return period with a receipt, the refund will be returned to the original method of payment.
Credit Card: If the item was purchased using a credit card, any refund is required to be issued to that same credit card. If the original credit card is not present and is not available through scanning the TC number on the receipt, the refund will be processed onto a shopping card/gift card.
Debit Card: If the item was purchased using a debit card and the receipt shows ‘debit tend’, the refund should be placed back on the debit card if available, or cash can be provided. If the receipt does not show ‘debit tend’ the refund is required to be issued to the same debit card. If the debit card is not present and is not available through scanning the TC number on the receipt, the refund will be processed onto a shopping card/gift card.
Receipted returns after the allowable return period:
With a receipt and if available, Fixnity offers exchange or repair service through the manufacturer on select merchandise.
Non Receipted Returns
Fixnity will accept a non-receipted return or exchange provided it meets the following conditions:
- The refund verification process accepts the return.
- The customer’s government issued ID has not been altered and is accepted by Fixnity.
To return or exchange items without a receipt, the customer is required to present a valid government issued photo ID. Information from the customer ID will be stored in a secured database of returns activity that Fixnity uses to authorize returns.
If an item is returned within the allowable return period without a receipt and the refund verification process accepts it, the following options are available:
- If available, the customer may send the merchandise to the manufacturer for repair.
- The merchandise way be exchanged for another item.
- The merchandise may be returned and a cash refund provided if the refund value of the returned item is less than $25.
The merchandise will be returned and a shopping/gift card provided to the customer if the refund value of the returned merchandise is equal to or greater than $25 in value.